In line with the University’s Vision and Mission, that the Directorate of Gradruate Studies, Research and Innovations (DGSRI) was established with the following mandate:
- Research Promotion: Initiate, nurture and advocate for research activities
- Fund Lobbying: Raise funds for research from non-traditional sources;
- Training: Conduct workshops and information sessions for ethics reviews, funding applications, and awards opportunities.
- Information Dissemination: Create and maintain a current university expert’s database, and an inventory of business, industry and government agencies with potential to partner or support research and development. Report on internal and external research activity, including publications and funding, contributions to society and the wider economy
- Policy: To develops, review and revise policies for research, intellectual property management and commercialization, centers, graduate and undergraduate research, overheads on grants and contracts, etc.;
- Innovations: to nurture technological innovations into technology-based business enterprises, particularly in the area of agro-technology.
- Collaboration: Liaise with communities, partners and institutions locally and internationally to support research and community outreach.
A center of excellent graduate study in broad-based research and innovation.
The mission of the Directorate of Graduate Studies is to:
be a visionary, responsive and innovative; promoting the highest quality graduate education that meets the needs of the current as well as the future generations.
- Ethics and Integrity
- Inquiry and Innovation
- Academic and Creative Excellence,
- Social Justice Awareness and Advocacy
- Interdisciplinary Research
- Lifelong Learning