Profile for Dr. Wilson Babu Musinguzi (PhD)
Dr. Wilson Babu Musinguzi has more than twelve years of relevant experience in science and engineering academic arena including but not limited to lecturing, strategic curriculum development/review leadership in critical areas addressing Sustainable Development Goals, research, capacity building projects, community impact projects, and partnerships at both local and global scale. He has an excellent record of resource mobilization for education, research, capacity building, and community projects.
He is the current Dean of the Faculty of Engineering Busitema University, Uganda; a public (government) institution established by an Act of Parliament of Uganda in 2007 to foster training, research and outreach in critical areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Innovations (STEI). In this executive position since 2015, he has excelled on the fronts of teaching and learning, research, community outreach, innovations, and management/leadership aspects. his excellence has been applauded in this role namely academic guidance to staff and students, capacity building of staff, research output, managing the resources including finances, leadership, and initiating linkages.
Since 2007, I have provided curriculum development/review leadership of more than fifteen science and engineering diploma and degree programs. Due to his curriculum leadership profile, he was awarded a contract as a consultant for the EU Energy Initiative Partnership Dialogue Facility (EUEI PDF) (Support the Enhancement and Internationalisation of the Renewable Energy Master Programme at University of Zimbabwe) – October 2015 to March 2016.
He is the founding member, project coordinator and the pioneer Executive Board Chairman (2017-2019) of Renewable Energy Business Incubator (REBI) Ltd., engaged in fostering Renewable Energy Access to remote and vulnerable settlements – An initiative started in 2011 with support and financing from Nordic Climate Facility, NORAD and Norwegian Embassy in Uganda. Since the Inception of REBI as a project in 2011, he has led the team in developing a Total Quality Management System (TQM) to the level of obtaining an ISO certification in 2019.
He holds a PhD in Renewable Energy Engineering (Majoring in Mechanical Engineering) from Makerere University, Uganda; a Master of Science in Sustainable Energy Engineering (SEE) from the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden; and a BSc in Mechanical Engineering from Makerere University, Uganda. He has published widely in areas of Mechanical and Energy analysis. Since 2006, he has lectured many courses in engineering at Kyambogo University, Busitema University and Makerere University. He has mentored many students and staff and immensely impacted on communities.
He is current a member of the Global Engineering Deans Council (GEDC) (since 2016) whose mission is to serve as the global network of engineering Deans mobilised to advance engineering education, research, and service to the global community. The Council focuses on institutional leadership formation, curriculum leadership, corporate and public engagement, and accreditation leadership. He is also currently a member of the University Council representing Senate. Musinguzi CV
- Edmund Tumusiime, John B. Kirabira, Wilson B. Musinguzi* (2019). Long life performance of Biogas systems for productive applications: The Role of R&D and Policy. Journal of Energy Reports (Science Direct, Elsevier Ltd), 5, pp. 579-583. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egyr.2019.05.002 . *Project PI (Senior Author)
- Rwahwire, S., Musinguzi, W.B. (2019). Impact Resistance and Shore Hardness of Barkcloth Reinforced Epoxy Composites for Interior Automotive Panels.Materials Science Forum, 951, 9-13 https://www.scientific.net/MSF.951.9
- Kale, B. M., Rwahwire, S., Nilkanth Kisan Kale, Musinguzi, W., B. (2019). PLA Composite Films Based On Acetate Substituted Microcrystalline Cellulose.Key Engineering Materials, 801, 133-138. https://www.scientific.net/KEM.801.133
- Mackay A.E. Okure, Wilson B. Musinguzi*, Terese Løvås (2016). Parametric modeling of producer gas-combustor and heat exchanger integration for micro-gas turbine application. Journal of Energy Challenges and Mechanics, Volume 3 (2016), Issue 4, pp. 191-200. ISSN 2056-9386. *Corresponding Author.
- Okure M.A.E., Tuhairwe F., Musinguzi W.B*. (2016). Technical and Economic Viability of Biogas-based Electricity Generation for Distributed Renewable Energy Systems in Livestock Communities of Uganda. in: E. Delfino & C. Vezzoli, eds., Proceedings of the LeNSes Conference: Sustainable Energy for All by Design, pp 87-93. ISBN 978-88-95651-23-1. *REBI Project Leader (Senior Author)
- Abbo M.S., Da Silva I.P., Okure M., Lating P., Musinguzi W. (2016). Selection of Distributed Renewable Energy sites using Simple Additive Weighting. in: E. Delfino & C. Vezzoli, eds., Proceedings of the LeNSes Conference: Sustainable Energy for All by Design, pp 211-217. ISBN 978-88-95651-23-1.
- Wilson B. Musinguzi, Mackay A.E. Okure, Adam Sebbit, Terese Løvås and Izael Da Silva (2014). Thermodynamic Modeling of Allothermal Steam Gasification in a Downdraft Fixed-bed Gasifier. Journal of Advanced Materials Research, 875-877 (2014) pp 1782-1793 © (2014) Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.875-877.1782.
- Mackay A.E. Okure, Wilson B. Musinguzi, Adam Sebbit, Terese Løvås (2014). Exergoeconomic analysis of a novel small-scale CHP system for rural electrification in Uganda. Published in the conference proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics (HEFAT2014) conference, 14 – 16 July 2014. Orlando, Florida, USA, pages.1978-1985. ISBN: 978-1-77592-068-73.
- Mackay A. E. Okure, Wilson Musinguzi, Andrew Wabwire, Ssengonzi Bagenda (RegConf2014). Experience from Rural Electrification in Uganda: A Case Study of a Husk Powered System in Tiribogo Village”. Published in the proceedings of the 9th regional collaboration conference on Research and Innovations forum for sustainable regional Development. 20 – 23 July, 2014 Imperial Resort Beach Hotel, Entebbe Uganda, pages 28 – 37.
- Wilson B. Musinguzi, Mackay A.E. Okure, Adam Sebbit, Terese Løvås (2012). Thermal characterization of Uganda’s Acacia hockii, Combretum molle, Eucalyptus grandis and Terminalia glaucescens for gasification. Journal of Biomass and Bioenergy (Science Direct, Elsevier Ltd), 46, pp. 402-408.
- Houshfar E., Sandquist J., Musinguzi W., Khalil R.A., Becidan M., Skreiberg Ø., Goile F., Løvås T., Sørum L. (2012). Combustion properties of Norwegian biomass: wood chips and forest residues. Journal of Applied Mechanics and Materials, 110-116, pp. 4564-4568.
- Khalil R.A., Houshfar E., Musinguzi W., Becidan M., Skreiberg Ø., Goile F., Løvås T., Sørum L. (2011). Experimental investigation on corrosion abatement in straw combustion by fuel-mixing. Journal of Energy & Fuels, 25 (6), pp. 2687–2695.
- Wilson B. Musinguzi, Mackay A.E. Okure, Adam Sebbit, Terese Løvås (2011). Small-scale CHP for Rural Electrification in Uganda – The State-of-the-art and Prospective Development. The 2nd International Conference on Advances in Engineering and Technology (AET2011). Entebbe, Uganda.
- Mackay A. E. Okure, Wilson Musinguzi (2006) A Novel Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Cycle Based on Gasification of Bagasse, Advances in Engineering and Technology, Oxford, UK., Elsevier Ltd, 465- 472 pages, ISBN=0-08-045312-0 (bookchapter)
Busitema University – Main Campus
Office of the Dean, Faculty of Engineering
P.O. Box 236, Tororo Uganda
Cell: +256 702 937330, +256 774 076181